- Server: Battle.net Americas
Cup #1 Tournament format
- Eight (8) qualifier brackets
- Open registration, each qualifier lasts for one day
- Americas Battle.net server
- 16 team slots per individual qualifier
- Team slots can be increased
- Single elimination bracket
- Best of 1 matches for the entire bracket except for the FInal
- The final will be a Best of 3 match
- Point system:
- 1st place - 16 points
- 2nd place - 8 points
- 3-4th place - 4 points
- 5-8th place - 2 points
- The top 8 teams with most points gathered in the qualifier legs advance to the 8-team double elimination Playoff.
- Ties on points after the qualifiers have concluded will be resolved by the highest placement in a qualifier leg
- In the even that there are 2 teams with same amount of points and identical highest placement, this is resolved with a BO3 match
- In each qualifier, only the top 8 teams get points based on their placement
- If a team finished in the top 8 but did not play a match and win (advancing by walkover), the team will not receive any points. Forfeiting a match in a qualifier also voids all points from position in the qualifier bracket even if the team is already in the top 8.
- Top 8 teams from the Qualfiers
- Double Elimination Bracket
- Best of 3 matches for the entire bracket except the Grand Final
- Grand Final is a best of 7 match, with a 1 game advantage to the Winner Bracket team
Qualifiers are held each Saturday and Sunday between November 14 and December 6.
All qualifiers will run using the same timetable. The times shown are an approximation of expected round start times. Teams are free to start their next round match as soon as they are ready.
- 21.00 CET / 12.00 PST - Round of 16 - best of 1
- 21.45 CET / 12.45 PST - Round of 8 - best of 1
- 22.30 CET / 13.30 PST - Round of 4 - best of 1
- 23.15 CET / 14.15 PST - Round of 2 - best of 3
In the event that team slots are expanded, round times will be adjusted accordingly.
Stage 2 - double elimination bracket
- December, TBD - Day 1
- December, TBD - Day 2
- December, TBD - Day 3
Detailed times to be announced closer to the relevant dates.
For information regarding which dates to play and when registrations open, check the Tournament page
- Team captains need to create a team and invite the other members in order to register themselves for the qualifiers. Team members then need to accept the invitation to the team.
- When registering for the tournament team members once again need to accept. While doing so, they must supply their Battle.net tag.
- All players must have their correct Battle.net tags entered as their Heroes of the Storm NA Battletag
- After registering you may change one or more players as long as the qualifier has not begun. You need to add the replacement player(s) to your team (and he/she needs to accept) before you can add him/her to the qualifier registration.
- Teams are also required to check in before the qualifier start - any team failing to check in will be replaced automatically by a team in the Reserve list
- Reserves must also check in to be eligable as replacements
- Check-in starts three hours prior to the commencement of a qualifier
- Teams are allowed to register for multiple qualifiers and can change any number of player registrations.
- You can use use one stand-in as long as he has not played in the same qualifier.
- Details on how to register can be found here
- All team captains are required to join #enterthestorm on Quakenet (IRC) where you can contact admins and players alike regarding the matches. Members of teams can also file a support ticket at the match page or as a last resort in the comment section on the match page.
- Use an IRC client of your choice or Quakenet's Webchat for IRC
- Registered players can find the opponent captain's Battle.tag on the match page which allows direct contact in regards to drafting and hosting details.
- Any given member of a team can start the communication - it does NOT have to be the captain.
- Teams also have to "/join enterthestorm" ingame for easier communcation with the official tournament casters
- If participating teams are unable to contact their opponent and 15 minutes passed from the scheduled starting time or if the opposing team is unable to present their five players into the game, it will result in a default win for the team that is fully ready to play.
- In case of a walkover, notify an admin
- General information on how to operate the qualifier can be found here
- The winning team's captain has to enter the result on the related match page. A replay of the game (*.StormReplay) must be uploaded when entering the result.
- Teams are required to keep all replays and screenshots taken until the end of the qualifier
- For best of 3 matches, enter the result and screenshot after each individual game
- Server Location: Heroes of the Storm - Americas
- When hosting the lobby the server is chosen by compromise - if one is not found then ORD1, the central server must be chosen
- Game Mode: Custom
- Lobby Mode: Standard
- Battleground selection and the Hero bans/picks will be made at HeroesDraft.com/EnterTheStorm
- You just have to enter the team names and start the draft
- One team by random gets first pick and the other starts the battleground elimination process - teams take turns banning battlegrounds until only one remains.
- In case of a Best-of-3 or longer series the first pick alternates after each game and the loser of the previous battleground picks the next one.
- The same battleground is not allowed to be played twice in one series
- Teams must be sure to Draft heroes that are actually available for them to play! Drafting heroes that your team does not have access to will not serve as an excuse for anything
- You just have to enter the team names and start the draft
- During the qualifiers, every map and every hero is allowed to be picked
- A team is only allowed to pause for 10 minutes per game.
- Before unpausing you must be sure that BOTH teams are ready to continue.
- Avoid pausing during a teamfight if at all possible.
- Read more about the HeroesDraft tool here
- If a player for some reason cannot continue the game, the game may be remade provided that the issue happened before the 1 minute mark after the minions spawned - be sure to notify an admin of the issue.
- Note that in case of a remake, the bans/picks and the map choice must remain the same
- First usage of known exploits or bugs will result in a forfeit of the current game. A second usage of known exploits or bugs will result in disqualification and potentially bans from participating in further qualifiers and/or GosuCups.
- A formal complaint regarding behaviour and/or bugs needs to occur no more than 15 minutes after the game ended, otherwise the matter will be considered as closed
- Admins will reserve the right to disqualify a team based on their behaviour at their sole discretion if something noteworthy is brought to their attention
- If a team participates in a qualifier, but forfeits one of their matches, it will not receive any points for that qualifier. Forfeitig a match in the qualifier or the following stages can result in disqualifying the team from the entire tournament at the discretion of the tournament administrators
- All spectators and non-affiliated streams are prohibited
- Any sanctioned spectators such as tournament admins and/or affiliated streamers may not be rejected by the teams
Any and all tournament rewards and payments are to be awarded after all stages of the tournament are completed and no later then 30 days after the tournament's organizers receive the required informations from the team captais:
- For cash prizes under 1,000 USD, payment is made with Skrill
- For cast prizes at 1,000 USD or more, payment is made by bank transfer
- For prizes that require shipping - a valid shipping address, confirmed by the team captain. The shipping of the prizes is handled by the tournament organizers.
The above rules are to be seen as a guideline but can be updated by head admin at any time, to reflect last minute changes or clarifications/modifications as required